Although it has been with us in some form or the other, disguised by different names for many years, the Internet of Things (IoT) has all of a sudden become The THING !
With the increasing ability to connect, communicate with and remotely manage millions of networked and autonomous devices via the Internet (network of networks), the Internet of Things is becoming widely popular and favorable.
Embedded, networked sensors and actuators are everywhere. They are in engines, monitoring combustion and performance. They are in our shoes and on our wrists, helping us exercise enough and measuring our sleep. They are in our phones, our homes, hospitals, offices, ovens, planes, trains, and automobiles. Their streams of data will improve industry, energy consumption, agriculture, business, and our health. Software processes these streams to provide real-time analytics, insights, and notifications, as well as control and actuate the physical world.
The emerging Internet of Things has tremendous potential, but also tremendous dangers. As we have seen with the Internet worm infecting the first networked computers in 1988, Nimda in 2001, and SQL injection attacks since the late 2000s, new applications and software present tremendous security threats. New systems and protocols, developed quickly and through grassroots efforts, do not foresee these threats, with the result that it takes decades to react and make these systems secure. For the Internet of Things, this danger is even more acute due to scale and interaction with the physical world. Internet threats today steal credit cards. Internet threats tomorrow will disable home security systems, flood fields, and disrupt hospitals.
Keeping this in mind INFORMA PLC is organizing the IoT Security Event where the Threats to IoT will be widely portrayed by re-known industry experts.
Why is this event one of a kind and why you should attend this event –
- Dedicated event – The only event dedicated to the most crucial security and privacy issues and concerns surrounding IoT.
- Trends and innovations – Showcasing the latest technology trends and innovations from cutting edge vendors, startups and solution providers making up the future IoT ecosystem.
- Senior Level Keynotes – Bringing together government representatives; industrial organizations, cutting edge enterprises and leading service providers addressing the significant opportunities and crucial challenges from IoT Security.
- Free for CIOs/ CSOs – Selected CIOs & CSOs from relevant organizations may attend the conference free of charge.
- Largest IoT event – Drawing on the huge success of the Worlds’ Largest Independent IoT event in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Discover New Business Opportunities – With our enhanced networking opportunities whether you take part in our dedicated speed networking sessions and pre-meeting service or attend our networking drinks, this event guarantees a platform for you to meet and Network with your peers from across the IoT industry.
- IoT Experts at our IoT Security’s Learning Lab & Analyst Roundtable Breakfasts – Our Learning Labs bring leading innovators & experts together to discuss and debate hypothetical, but specific security challenges, hacks and pain points. AND … Pose a question to the IoT Experts at our Analyst Roundtable Networking Breakfasts which provide a unique opportunity for you to post those burning questions to the leading IoT analysts in this popular and informal networking opportunity.
- Comprehensive conference – Boasting the most comprehensive conference program addressing key IoT security & privacy issues such as data interception, secure devices, data protection, prevention and risks of threats and legal issues.
Visit this link to see the list of speakers of the event.
Here is an attached Agenda of the event.
Need some more information !! wondering how to be a part of this event !! Visit IoT Security Event website to find out more about the event.
Stay tuned !! More information coming up soon 🙂