Topic Covered :
- Our future with IoT.
Before we know, how our future with IoT is going to be – let’s have an understanding about the growth in technology with this technology road map.
From this graph we can see the massive advancement in technology since the year 2000 till date and still more to go in future.
Back in 2000 we had RFID tags for identifying objects and facilitating routing. Then came surveillance, security, healthcare, transport management. We are now living at a time where we can locate people and everyday objects. And in the near future we are about to experience the essence of teleoperation and telepresence !!
That is how lives are going to be. With the rapid advancement in technology we can take care of our near and dear ones, our possessions even from another corner of the world. Everything is going to get connected !!
Let’s look at this graph below for an explosion of connected possibility and hence a number of new job openings !
The number of devices that are going to be connected are so many hence leading to new job and research scopes.
Let’s look at some of major IoT giants 2020 predictions :
- By 2020, 20% of the computers will learn not only to process but also work and manage things like humans.
- By 2017, 65% of data center capacity will be private.
- Companies will compete across industry borders – which means, companies are going to compete with their rivals outside industries as well.
- By 2020, around 50 billion devices are going to be connected.
- Supply chain will be revolutionized by 3D printing.
We have seen the economic impact from Part 1 of this series itself. To have a look click here.
Let’s watch this video from IoT Asia to see how IoT is enhancing our lives.
Hence, we can see that IoT has enormous potential and is going to influence us a lot in the near future.
That’s all for this series. Hope, this series was helpful and you enjoyed reading !!
Thanks for visiting 🙂
Stay tuned for more interesting articles on IoT !!